[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: GSS API (as a DLL)...

On Sun, 21 Aug 1994, Bradley C. Spatz wrote:

> +-- hallam@dxal18.cern.ch, writes:
> |
> | Re UNIX being as full of holes as the cheese is over here.... Yep I think
> | we all know that.
>
> 	"If ... it seems easier to subvert UNIX systems than most other
> 	systems, the impression is a false one.  The subversion techniques
> 	are the same.  It is just that it is often easier to write, install,
> 	and use programs on UNIX systems than on most other systems, and that
> 	is why the UNIX system was designed in the first place."
>                                 -- Frederick T. Grampp & Robert H. Morris
>
> Just a bit of persepctive.

In my experience, it was much easier to write, install, and use programs
on Multics than on UNIX, yet UNIX is much easier to subvert than Multics.

Just a bit more perspective.

Jim Lippard             Primenet: Arizona's Premier Internet Provider
lippard@primenet.com    (602) 870-1010 ext. 108
(_Skeptic_: http://www.primenet.com/~lippard/skeptics-society.htm)

(Software developer, Multics Development Center, 1983-1988)